Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Aquariums

My New Tank


Electric Yellow Cichlids
Baby Cichlids
As you can tell by now I love fish. So why not have an aquarium? I do have two freshwater Cichlid aquariums. 1 is a 45 gallon aquariums and the other is a 55 gallon aquariums. Its a great hobby and it seems to help with stress levels. I have recently pondered the thought of starting a saltwater tank. The TV show tanked on Animal Planet always gets me excited about these saltwater aquariums also but I cannot seem to find the courage to do so. I am scared of the cost, time, and basically failure of doing it correct. When i search for info on  saltwater tanks, there seems to be so many "correct" & "inexpensive" ways to build the setup. I still don't believe half of them,so I stuck with freshwater. Here are some pic's and a video of my fish.

2 comments:

j.curran said...

hey manny,

I had saltwater and freshwater tanks for the longest time. I sold them during college (not by choice, was forced too). I had them for a solid 12 years.

I had 1 20g nano reef, 40 gallon reef, 1 55 gallon cichlid tank , 1 90 gallon discus tank, and a 125 gallon arowana and stingray tank. Was a great hobby. I miss it greatly.

I'm currently looking into purchasing a 100 gallon tank to setup as a reef tank. Hopefully within the year I can make that happen!

Unknown said...

I have a 75 Gallon sitting in my warehouse just waiting for me to try the SW setup maybe one of these days you will give me tips for that if I gain the courage to try the SW!