Monday, October 14, 2013

Year of First and Goal

This year my beloved NY Giants have been very disappointing. I have been guilty this year of saying some pretty nasty words to my Expensive 55in TV each sunday, all because of football. So it was time to head back to the water and concentrate on some of my fishing goals.

This sunday my friend Shevy came into town from Cali and I wanted to take him fishing so we planed a two part trip with my Cousin Andy to go for Tog "Blackfish in the morning and Stripers in the afternoon.

5AM we headed out to Robert Moses sand dunes in search of blackfish and all we got were casting lessons, and the important knowledge that its not a real good idea to drink Whiskey the night before!
We got to the fishing hole right before sunrise it was cold and beautiful. We drowned allot of crab and not fish so we headed to Captree Marina.

Once we got to Captree we went to the restaurant the have by the docks to eat some "Brunch". Now being defeated by the mighty Tog fish we start reading reports of great striper fishing on the boat we are about to board. Naturally we all get real excited once we see this boat enter the dock with all the anglers from the morning trip all carrying bags of Fish fillets. Our nerves state to shiver and everyone i mean everyone is talking. The captains bragging and it was almost as if we had restarted a whole new day!

We finally get on the boat and we are talking to everyone about our failing Tog trip in the AM. The boat sets and for two hours not even one bite for anyone on the boat. Now I feel like the NY Giants always missing the opportune moment. "Why the hell did we go Tog fishing" this is what we are all three thinking and state to each other.

But none the less I had a Goal to catch my first striper so i continue casting in this really harsh wavy windy water. (Good thing I took my dramamine!)    

3 hours into fishing BAMMM Slamm my thumb on the reel! All i could feel was my heart racing "FIsh On" I finally hook into one of these Beautiful monsters and all I can totally remember is asking my self is the drag set correctly, is the drag set correctly??? I cannot repeat all the words I said but it was awesome once i see this monsters face out the water and the whole boat go crazy! Its my First and Goal! 17.5lb


Ten minutes later I get re rigged put my line in the water and I am still shaking in excitement I did it I met another fishing goal and Bam Slam I hook into another fish, Now im really excited but I see Jealousy in the eyes of the other anglers but who cares I paid my money just like them! I was wrong I landed that fish and everyone congrated me on a great fishing performance It was Awesome !







I ended up winning the boat pool. It wasnt much but cool that I won it! Headed home and prepped a Victory dinner. It tasted great! Thanks to everyone I was able to get my First Striped bass and reach a goal on my 2013 list of Goals!
 

No comments: