Tuesday, October 1, 2013

First Salmon River Trip

I was invited by my friend Frank to join a group of very talented outdoorsmen on a fall fishing trip targeting Salmon & trout on the famous "Salmon River" in Pulaski NY.  As you well know it was an offer i couldn't refuse , So on Thursday Sept 26 i left work at 530pm and headed north to meet up with, Frank, Brandon, JD, Kenny, Mike K, and Chris D.

After a 5.5 hour drive to "Sandy Creek" I pulled in front of our lodge and meet up with all the fellas, All of us excited we closed our eyes for a few hours and got up 4am on Friday morning with great anticipation. We headed out to the towns famous bait shop "Fat Nancy's"  of course as soon as I got there I realized i left my wading boots back at the lodge so Chris had to drive my sorry ass back to the lodge to get them while everyone else got setup. (Thanks Chris!)

We all met up not too long after we got back with my boots and setup shop down by the town pool  upstream of the bridge area.

We were all excited and just before sunrise we all started our first cast.  We spent hours casting and changing positions and locations on the river. I learned a lot just by watching and listening to the advice of others.  it was a beautiful day and we all hooked into fish but not many fish landed.

Landing the fish was not that important to anyone because the mere chance that one hooked into a fish was such a thrill! I can only explain it two ways, One way is my friend Frank stated "its like hooking into a moving school bus!!!"  He is right it was amazing how much power these fish had. You would think by reading this the I or he was exaggerating but he and I are not! It was crazy! The second way and the best way that I could describe it is with the song I used in this video of the fishing trip. Watch it and enjoy




The trip was a success and we all had a great time together out there.  It was very tiring and made my body sore and even got me sick but I would do it again.
It did make me feel bad so see some ASS HOLES on the top of the bridge area deliberately snagging fish. On the weekend it was like a zoo up there so I would suggest if you are planning a trip up there try to go on a weekday. Check out the cool pic's of my buddies











Big Thanks to you guys the trip was a blast

No comments: