Sunday, January 20, 2013

2013 Oak Orchard

This past weekend Jack invited me to join him and his friend Nick to go fishing with them UP State NY.  We stood at this lodge it was perfect www.orleansoutdoor.com Very accommodating and affordable

So I drove 400 miles (7 hours) up to Albion NY and started a trip I would never forget.

Cool Corpse 
On Sat morning I set out to fish with Jack and Nick and caught one Rainbow trout that was my my personal best for about 24 hours. This is also my first 2013 trout.

Sat Jack landed 6 really nice browns and Nick caught a  rainbow and lost one. I lost 2 fish but it was a good time and the weather wasn't that bad







 Sunday morning we packed up and checked out of the lodge. We went directly to the river in horrible 35-40MPH winds and snowing with a mindset to catch some fish in this freeezing weather and Jack added another Brown to his 7 of the trip.
Nick also caught a brown and I landed a New personal best Rainbow and a really decent brown (with a suntan)








This trip was AWESOME. It was well worth it. Big Thanks to Jack and Nick    




4 comments:

j.curran said...

Very cool manny, congrats on all the success! Beautiful trout. What an awesome trip.

Unknown said...

Thanks John it was great

jmauro said...

sweeeet, did t you take the new truck??

Unknown said...

Thanks Joe, No I didnt take the Jeep on this one for a couple of reasons, Mileage, Fuel $$$, and Oil pressure sensor has to get checked out by my mechanic.

I will use my jeep locally for the most part. Didn't want to chance getting stuck 7hours away. Trip was amazing though.