Monday, November 19, 2012

New Fly Fishing Gear

I have not had much time to fish due to work, travel, my wife and our family responsibilities. So during this time I have had due to travel I have been able to acquire so more Fly fishing gear and I am super excited to possibly use some of it this week. I was able to get my hands on a Helios ZG 9ft 905-4pc Tip Flex 5wt Orvis Rod. I have paired it with a 5wt "Tver" Large arbor reel (its sick how good this reel looks) I have paired this reel with 150 yards of 20lb Dacron Backing and Orvis Hydros WF 5wt Yellow Floating Fly line.  This reel is machined of aluminum but it has stainless steel internal mechanics and is very light weight. It is also switchable from right to left hand retrieve. I cant wait to use this outfit I created












During these transactions I have come across a really nice book http://www.toheavenafterthestorm.com
Check out the book "To Heaven After The Storm"  the former owner of the Helios Rod his wife co-authored the book with a 6 year old girl that lost her mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, and baby cousin during the April 27, 2011 tornados that hit Alabama. 

I suggest that everyone checks this out. 



4 comments:

j.curran said...

Congrats manny! Looks like a great setup you have going on there. You will enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Thanks John I am very excited to try it out!

Unknown said...

Those large arbor reels are a work of art. This stuff looks great Manny. Let me know how it goes when you get out there.

Unknown said...

I have not had time to get on the water with this outfit yet but I can tell you that this reel is really smooth because I have been practicing my casting in my backyard with it. Let me know if anyone is interested in getting one of these reels. I will give the info for it if needed.